What to know before Traveling to Belize
Last updated: May 19th 2021
Belize’s number one priority is establishing enhanced health and safety measures to protect you and ensure that you’ll enjoy your vacation. The following are some guidelines to help prepare you for your trip and what you can expect when you arrive in Belize.
VISITING BELIZE: EASY AS 1, 2, 3...
- Persons entering Belize are no longer required to download the Belize Health App prior to arrival.
- Travelers should verify COVID 19 testing regulations with respective airlines prior to travel (departure & arrival) as they may vary.
- Travelers are required to complete the customs and immigration form that is provided during their flight.
- Belize is accepting COVID PCR tests within 96 hours of travel to Belize. However, as mentioned above we recommend that travelers verify pre-boarding requirements of the airline they choose to book their flights with.
- A mask is required by law throughout your travel within Belize & common areas of the resort.
UPON ARRIVAL AT AIRPORT:
- Belize is now accepting proof of full COVID 19 immunization received at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Negative Rapid Test(Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Rapid Sensor, and ABBOTT(Panbio) taken within 48 hours of travel.
- If no PCR test presented, take a Covid-19 test at the airport for US $50 per passenger.
- Once negative, proceed to Immigration & Customs.
- Once positive, guests will be placed in quarantine at their expense.
UPON ARRIVAL AT RESORT:
DURING YOUR STAY:
- Wear your masks & practice physical distancing.
- Rooms will be cleaned upon request.
- All common areas are cleaned and sanitized frequently.
- On site testing is now available or complimentary transfers to testing facilities
- If a guest tests positive, a rate of US$79 plus tax per night will be charged for quarantine.
Committed to Your Safety
To ensure the health and safety of guests and staff members, The Belize Collection has reviewed and enhanced its cleanliness and safety protocols. The following are some steps we’re taking to make our properties safer for everyone.
- Lobby furniture, restaurant furniture, and lounge chairs are spaced to a minimum of 6 ft.
- Multiple pools, as well as private plunge pools, are available to avoid overcrowding
- Expanded spacious outdoor seating areas
- Digital check-ins and express in-room checkouts
- Gloves and Masks have been added to resort staff uniforms and are available for guests
- Common areas, amenities, vehicles, and tour equipment are disinfected daily or after each use
- An extended window between checkouts and arrivals to ensure a deep clean after every stay
- Disinfecting wipes have been placed in all rooms and bathrooms
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the property
The Belize Collection App
- Electronic check-in forms
- Digital menus
- Digital tour brochures
- Digital newsletters